- /About Walker
- /News & Calendar
- /Learning Commons
- /Parent Resources
- /McKinney ISD
ARRIVAL: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
● Students may arrive as early as 7:15 a.m. These students will report to the cafeteria until the 7:30 a.m. bell.
● For safety and security reasons, never drop off your child unattended on campus.
● Parents needing to enter the building during the morning must enter through the front door (door #1) and sign in at the office. Staff will be diligently monitoring to ensure visitors enter the building at the designated door.
● We have two designated morning drop off areas. These drop off locations are at the front of the building and near the cafeteria.
● If you choose to park and walk your child to the front door, please park in the front parking lot and use the crosswalk. The cafeteria parking lot is designated for staff parking only.
● Walker Staff and student safety patrol will begin assisting children out of their cars at 7:30 a.m.
● Students eating breakfast at school will enter the cafeteria when they arrive. Breakfast is available for purchase from 7:30 a.m. – 7:55 a.m. daily.
● Bike riders should place their bikes in the bike racks, standing bikes and scooters up, to allow plenty of room for everyone else.
● Students should not ride bikes and/or scooters while on school property.
● Kindergarten – 5th grade students will go to their grade level classroom when arriving.
● Announcements will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
● Parents should bring their children to the front office to receive a tardy slip when arriving after the 8:00 a.m. bell. Students are considered tardy if they are not inside their classrooms at 8:00 a.m.
DISMISSAL: 3:07 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
● Please do not park in the fire lanes in the front of the school. This area is reserved for daycare buses and emergency vehicles only.
● All homeroom teachers MUST be notified in writing before 2:30 p.m. if your regular dismissal plans change. Students will not be called from class between 2:30 p.m. – 3:07 p.m. for early dismissal unless there is an emergency situation.
● Students not picked up by 3:30 p.m. are brought to the office.
● If after school care is needed for your child, please contact Club 360 at 469-302-9483.
● The cafeteria is our designated area for car rider students.
● All car riders will be escorted to the cafeteria and dismissed at 3:07 p.m.
● Parents should stay in their car and have their carpool number hanging from the rearview mirror at all times.
● Students will only be released to cars with carpool numbers. If you forget yours, please go to the front office to retrieve your children. (New cards and card colors will be given out each year).
● Once you have collected all your car riders, you may carefully follow the cars out of the driveway onto Maverick Drive/Winding Brook.
WALK AWAYS AND BIKE RIDERS
● Students will be escorted and dismissed at their grade level door.(see dismissal map addendum)
● Siblings choosing to walk together need to decide on a meeting spot. This meeting spot could be the younger sibling’s grade level door or a meeting spot of choice.
● Students should leave school premises using the crosswalk to cross the street.
● Students using bikes or scooters should walk them when on school property, sidewalks, and when going through the crosswalk.
● Students will be escorted and dismissed at their grade level walk away door. (see dismissal map addendum)
● Parents who choose this option will meet students at the designated grade level door.
● Numbers will not be required and students will be released at 3:07 p.m.
● No parking is allowed in the daycare bus lane or turning area of the daycare/buses that is located in the front drive of the school.
● Students are escorted to the gym and dismissed from the gym door (door #19).
● The circle drive by the office is a daycare van/bus lane only.
● Students are escorted to the gym by 3:07 p.m.
● Students will be connected with Club 360 staff.
● Parents will sign these students out through the front office.