Technology infrastructure and interactive learning opportunities are both key initiatives within Slaughter Elementary. We are committed to providing opportunities for students to interact with the global community through the use of technology tools such as online learning and social media.
Listed below are a few of the many ways we use technology at Slaughter Elementary:
- Every Kindergarten and 1st grade student will have access to iPads and MacBooks.
- Grades 2-5 each have MacBook laptops available for all students to use.
- 5th grade students at Slaughter produce live broadcast announcements each morning.
- We have Digital Learning Spaces in our learning commons media center and our designated computer/STEM/STEAM lab.
- Students practice computer skills and learn about technology with state-adopted Technology curriculum.
- Students use technology and Web 2.0 tools to show their learning.
- Students create digital products using Web 2.0 tools, iPads, and computers.