- /About Press
- /News & Calendar
- /Learning Commons
- /Parent Resources
Press Elementary is a proud member of NEU (No Excuses University).
As a member of NEU, we believe that all students deserve the opportunity to be educated in a way that prepares them for college, so they will be ready if they choose to attend. It brings together a culture of universal achievement and a college type atmosphere. A school cannot simply call themselves a NEU member. A school interested in becoming one must apply and not only show they are creating a college type atmosphere but also demonstrate they have implemented proven systems to increase student achievement. These systems are:
1. A belief that ALL students can learn and that it is the school’s job to make this happen.
2. Collaboration among staff, working together to come up with unique solutions for student learning.
3. Aligning our teaching with what the state standards require students to know.
4. Creating an assessment plan so that we can see where students are at and how we can help them improve.
5. Analyzing data to see trends in how our students are doing, and being able to share this data with students so that they can set goals.
6. Interventions: Working with at risk students who are behind in their learning.
See our NEU Application Video Here.